Children's Health Advocacy, Research, Medical Education and Development, Incorporated (aka C.H.A.R.M.E.D., Inc.)  A Non Profit Corporation
Dedicated To The Works, Lives and Generosity of:

Robin Williams
Asa Senf Briggs
Charles H. Briggs
Elsie and Edwin Vaughan
Edward J. Becay
Terrance Irving Starr
Lawrence Fox
Ivan Lee Jones
Brett Schoewe
James Davis  (Amazing Race and Chippendales)



Unlike any other non-profit charitable organization in existence, our organization was designed to ensure that at least 80% of the income we raise is dedicated to financially supporting the efforts for which we are committed to pursuing, and not the salaries of those enlisted to aid in those pursuits.  California, on-the-other-hand, only requires non-profit organizations to ensure 20% of the money they collect is used to help others; the remaining 80% can be pocketed by the organization and disguised as “operating costs” (also known as salaries and expenses).

Long before the issue of health care and health insurance became contentious and the center of a great many debates, the founder [HG Antonio Di Giovanni] of the non-profit organization, Children's Health Advocacy, Research, Medical Education and Development, Inc. (“C.H.A.R.M.E.D., Inc.”) was already battling successfully against health insurance companies from the age of fifteen (15).  Having attended high school with Robin Williams, many years later both find themselves committed to the needs of catastrophically and terminally ill children as evidenced by the many public service announcements Robin has done on behalf of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

In 1997 Dr. Linda Peeno finally brought the HG Antonio Di Giovanni's efforts to light when she testified before an Assembly Committee in California regarding the atrocities the managed health care industry was responsible for -- all of it bearing the undertones of medical care determined by cost-driven decision-making methods.


Although re-named, C.H.A.R.M.E.D, Inc., we remain a leader in the advocacy field for issues related to the needs of the catastrophically and terminally ill children and adults of the community as illustrated by our having neither lost a judicial case nor a patient in over thirty-five (35) years.

In an ongoing effort to further support the needs of these children, C.H.A.R.M.E.D., Inc.,  is venturing out and purchasing homes throughout the United States that will enable parents and family members to remain close to their children as they undergo treatment at speciality treatment centers.

To help underwrite these efforts as well as the many other facets of what C.H.A.R.M.E.D., Inc. does for the catastrophically and terminally ill community, Jewelry For Life serves as a vehicle to underwrite the purchases of those homes that are then offered at either low-cost or no-cost to patient families.

When respite houses and condominiums are not in use by special need families, these homes and condominiums will be made available to the public to help further generate additional income that will used to further underwrite life saving medical care and treatment for children battling, for example, cancer and AIDS.

To learn more about us please feel free to visit http://www.CharmedIncCA.com.